'Window live toolbar'- of any use?

buel 11:07 19 Jul 09

Hi, im trying to minimize the programmes my friend's laptop uses and i notice that there is a programme called 'windows live toolbar'? Please can anyone tell me is this necessary? My friend simply uses his laptop for surfing and not much else

MAT ALAN 11:10 19 Jul 09

My opinion, TOOLBARS of any description are just clutter and have no real value, i only have the navigation toolbar showing which is "for me" the only one you really need...

Taff™ 11:24 19 Jul 09

The simple question to ask him is "Does he ever use it?" Otherwise I agree with MAT ALAN.

buel 15:34 19 Jul 09

Hi, does the same go for Windows sign in assistant?(surely this doesn't do much more than help you sign into websites?

Taff™ 06:13 20 Jul 09

Info click here
click here

Depends if he uses it again. Does he have several Hotmail/Live/MSN accounts? It`s basically only a small active X control. Getting rid of these small bits of clutter isn`t going to make that much difference to the computer performance or free up much space.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…