Window Live Mail & Hotmail

David4637 15:11 PM 25 Jun 11

When I send a Hotmail email from within Windows Live Mail, I look in the hotmail sent box and a yellow message says "Sender not recognised." This yellow coloured message across the top of the page appears, even though the email has been sent and recieved OK. Any ideas how to stop this message appearing?

Thanks David

chub_tor 15:19 PM 25 Jun 11

Windows Live Mail checks against your contact book for senders to see if it recognises them. I think that if you put your own name with your hotmail address in contacts then the problem will disappear.

David4637 15:34 PM 25 Jun 11

Thanks for your reply, tried adding my hotmail name and email address to the Contacts in WLM, still get the "error message"? Please help, Thanks David

chub_tor 19:27 PM 25 Jun 11

Sorry but I will bump this thread in case someone else can help.

David4637 17:00 PM 27 Jun 11

To clarify further. I have created a Hotmail account in WLMail, so I can send an email via my Tiscali account, or send via Hotamil with a my email address of [email protected] to a send email to [email protected] Its the sender address that raises the message that sender is not recognised. Note the email is sent and received OK. Thanks David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know