window 8 on an acer laptop v3-531

wizzboy 30 Oct 12

last night i did a clean install and put window 8 on it, and it just crashed with this code 0xc 0000001, looked up on the window site for what it ment, so let me sate my case, i have a compa q tower and in stalled window 8 on top of 7 and it was ok, and a acer v3-531 laptop on which i did a compleat install and wiped off 7, my point is this clean install wont work, i did go to the acer web site and up dated the bios, and download all the new drivers for it, but has of yet had not put them on, so i think that in the next few months people will be on this site with the same questions 8 wont work on a clean install. for wizzboy

onthelimit1 30 Oct 12

I thought the cheap downloads were for update only and therefore won't work as a fresh install. I believe you have to buy the full, and expensive version to do that. You could always put 7 back on then upgrade over it?

wizzboy 30 Oct 12

i do have the top windows 8 disk, just been looking on the few web sites this morning and every one has the same trouble with this code 0xc 0000001 on window 8, i do some how think its to do with hardware on the laptop, so what i,m going to do now is try and install 8 on top of 7 ,will let you all know how i get on later, wizzboy

morddwyd 30 Oct 12

I have tried the pre release versions of Win 8 on two Acer laptops, an Aspire 5745 PG and a dual screen Iconia.

Won't install on the Aspire (compatibility message) and makes the second screen inoperable on the Iconia.

Either MS or Acer haven't got it right yet.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message