window 7 firewall problems

tony60 16:46 PM 30 Jan 11

just got a new pc with windows7 ,and downloaded the free AVG,the pc came with norton stuff which i uninstalled, but i have turned of the firewall, which says in the window,THESE SETTINGS ARE BEING MANAGED BY VENDOR APPLICATION NORTON FIREWALL PROVIDOR,can you help please

iscanut2 17:38 PM 30 Jan 11

Try this to remove all traces of Norton click here

Bris 17:39 PM 30 Jan 11

If you have used Windows uninstaller only then bits of Norton will remain so you have to go to the Symantec site and download and run the Norton uninstaller which will remove the rest. The reason for this is to make it impossible for malware to remove Norton.

tony60 20:57 PM 30 Jan 11

in the meantime can i download aother free fire wall

tony60 20:58 PM 30 Jan 11

as i done have one now

tony60 21:01 PM 30 Jan 11

as i don,t have one now

birdface 01:05 AM 31 Jan 11

Why not just use the Norton removal tool and then you can use Windows Firewall again.
If Norton is running it will not let you download another Firewall.

iscanut2 09:36 AM 31 Jan 11

I assume you have successfully removed Norton ?

tony60 15:44 PM 31 Jan 11

just removed norton,thanks ,and my firewall is now back.i have AVG and a firewall. do i need anything else?this as been a real positive experiance, thanks everybody, tony

Bris 16:17 PM 31 Jan 11

A couple of useful additions are Ad-Aware and Spybot Search & Destroy and if you dont already have it AVG Link Scanner, they are all free!

tony60 17:13 PM 31 Jan 11

i will do that , thanks all , tony

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites