wind0ws update

MANDY 20:31 11 Jan 03
  MANDY 20:31 11 Jan 03

hello can you help me with a small problem i am trying to repair a pc that has a software fault and i want to install windows over the excisting system but because it is a upgrade from 95 to 98 it won,t let me thinking it has a compressed drive is their a folder or files i can delete to override this i don,t really want to format because of some important info on it ican only get in to safe mode and not windows it just gives me a blue screen with a fatel exception 0246:015f47fb just after the task bar has loaded ok in safe mode any ideas thanks andy.

Thin White Duke 20:55 11 Jan 03

Can you not try backing up your 'important' data on it first then do a clean install?.

Personally that's what i would do.

MANDY 21:59 11 Jan 03

i can,t back up because the computer will only work in safe mode and have no cd or usb drivers installed in safe mode thanks for your thoughts anyway andy.

Taran 22:08 11 Jan 03

If you're feeling adventurous you could take the hard disk out of the problem PC and set it as a slave drive in a working system. This will allow you to read the contents of the drive where you can copy any important information. Once the data is backed up you can feel free to fit it back to the original machine and format and clean install Windows on it.

If this is an option you would like to follow, post back formore information if you need it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…