Wincleaner wont remove registry entry

geoff century 11:30 20 Apr 06

I cannot get Wincleaner to remove a registry entry it has found as being empty.

it says "The com object has an empty or invalid Program ID Key"
Sub Key: HKLM\Software|Classes\CLSID\{3DA165B6-CC41-11d2-BDC6-00C04F79EC6B}\ProgID
Value: {74CD700C-7FEEE-4663-B53C-E8ED9F2356C9}

If I run Wincleaner in One Click mode it freezes at Internet Clutter and wont progress further.

How do I get round the problem. No spyware or virus has been found, but previous scans have removed spyware.

Totally-braindead 12:12 20 Apr 06

You could try ccleaner click here

Totally-braindead 12:44 21 Apr 06

By email "ccleaner did remove the entry, but after a reboot it is still there!".
You are only meant to contact people using the envelope if asked to do so. If theres something you have to say post it in the thread so others can see whats going on.

I'm wondering what this file is, it could be a necessary part of Windows and that is why it reloads each time. I've just had a look in my registry and that file is not there that I can see, but that of course means very little as I'm sure you have different software from me.

I wish I could help more but unfortunatly I can't. I'm not much of an expert on registry and hesitate to offer any advice as I may make things worse. If the registry file is actually empty then I can't see what the problem would be leaving it but am puzzled as to why it reappears all the time. Hopefully someone else will jump in with the solution or at least an explanation.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:53 21 Apr 06

RegscrubXP click here

rawprawn 17:56 21 Apr 06

Have you tried regedit to delete it manually?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…