WinASO Registry Optimizer v4.8.0 - new update

sunnystaines 18:44 PM 08 Dec 12

for those that use this handy free program updated recently

New Feature - A new function called WinASO Security Update has been added. It can help you locate and fix system vulnerabilities and improve your system's security.

http://www.winaso.com/

sunnystaines 19:07 PM 08 Dec 12

the new security section not so good. i ran the scan on w7 it came up 4 security updates with a choice of click a repair option or the ms links to each update.

i waited and ran ms updates which came up all ok, so clicked each link one at a time on the 4 suggested updates all came back not needed for my computer.

rest of the program runs well as it always has.

Aitchbee 19:47 PM 08 Dec 12

Thanks for that, sunnystaines. All of my computers are XP, but my sister has W7 on her newish laptop,(that has just went 'belly-up' again) so will try the new update with caution.

Aitchbee 22:04 PM 08 Dec 12

Installed the new update [Winaso 4.80] ... the security update feature has found 125 'vulnerabilities' on my already up-to-date XP system. I'll let it run it's course ... but on dial-up connection, it could take a few hours.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites