Winamp,etc no music will play on my win98se anymor

Mad Boy 19:30 04 Jan 03
  Mad Boy 19:30 04 Jan 03

A few weeks ago i download this demo which would convert midi to wav. It worked but was only allowed 10 secs recording per session. Any way i have just being downloading some more midis (background music for a site im creating) and noticed that all files were associated with that specific program. I held shift and right click the file and pressed open with and selected winamp. I also ticked the box saying always use this to open the program or something, Once pressed ok the song opened in winamp. As soon as i loaded another it opened the first program! I uninsatlled this crap piece of midi converting tools and when i open a file in winamp it says this "MMSYSTEM006 There is no driver installed on your system. Error code:0x00000006

can someone please help!

recap 19:39 04 Jan 03

I think that by uninstalling the demo software you have lost the file association you once had between Winamp and the other software Mad Boy. You said you ticked the "Open with this program" option, that is what Winamp is now looking for.

Try either uninstalling Winamp and then reinstalling it to see if it will play your tracks for you again.

Mad Boy 19:40 04 Jan 03

I have just tried this:>

start>settings>controlpanel>system>devicemanager>diskdrives>diskdrive>driver

apparently it says: no driver files are uploaded or required for this device.Then it says to update press the button, i press it, it then recommends me a driver i select it and nothing happens.

The main factor is i think that when uninstalling the software it has took my driver too? I know for a fact that i had a driver! How can i update it then, go on microsoft.com

Mad Boy 19:41 04 Jan 03

cheers recap, ill try that then.

Mad Boy 19:41 04 Jan 03

cheers recap, ill try that then.

Mad Boy 20:03 04 Jan 03

It plays wav and mp3 files so far but no midi!

Mad Boy 20:11 04 Jan 03

CRACKED IT!

start>settings>controlpanel>multimedia>midi

there was no midi device selected for some reasons

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…