Win98se troublesome boot ini (boot loader)

JINXED02 23:16 13 May 05

Summary
===========
Up until recently my pc consisted of 2x40gig hdd drives being used under win98se.

I left the hdd with win98se on and removed the other as this was just a storage device.
-----------------------
After formating and allocating the partitions where they were requied I then installed xp pro in ntfs format, thus giving me a dual booting system and everything worked fine.
-----------------------
Partition table windows98se 40gig fat32
xp pro 80gig ntfs
-----------------------

Anyhow after restarting and going back into win98se I found that the hdd size was wrong way off wrong in size, so this kind of screwed up my installation. Later after doing some reading on the web I found that fdisk apparently has problems with large size disks over 64gig and that there was a patch availble, little bit late now I thought, so there was only one thing for it.. start from scratch

I've taken the 120gig hdd out and left my win98se os in, so leaving a pc operable, but the boot loader has changed:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn
C:\ = "Microsoft Windows"

And keeps asking for xp pro, or restarting my pc, anyone have any ideas how to correct this.

woodchip 00:01 14 May 05

To Restore your Windows Master boot Record, Start with Win98se boot floppy startup disc, at A:\>type FDISK /MBR press enter restart computer and it should now be back to normal Win98se

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…