WIN98SE REINSTALLATION FAILURE

Gharte' 16:33 20 Nov 03

On running sfc on my Win98Se pc, I realised there are too file corruptions, changes and deletions so I decided to reinstall Win98se over the existing installation using the cd. I started by restarting the pc, getting into bios, changing the boot sequence to cdrom,c,a, putiing the cd into the drive and proceeding. A blue window came up with 3 options one of which read "To set up windows now, press ENTER" so I did. On the next window, I chose the first option which read "Continue setup and replace your current operating system and press ENTER". I did that.
The window that came up read as follows, "Your computer may have a disk-compression program installed on it. Because this system may contain an existing o/s or file, setup cannot continue......".
What kind of program is being refered to here? I need some advice, people. How do I proceed? Thanx in advance.

alcudia 16:38 20 Nov 03

Have you compressed your hard drive. The utility for doing this supplied with Windows was called Drive Space.

alcudia 16:45 20 Nov 03

Memory about D/S is returning. If your drive is compressed it is easy to tell in explorer. You should still have you normal C drive which is in fact one enormous file sitting in what will be named the host drive. I think the default drive letter for this was H.

If it is compressed you will have to uncompress before you can do anything. You may also have to delete quite a bit to make room.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…