"WIN98SE" (M.I.L.)

roygbiv 12:25 10 Feb 03

Here we go again, My mother in law has installed 98SE OK and so far so good. 2 question’s = Where are the “Games (Solitaire,Freecell,Hearts and Minesweeper), Is this a extra file (to install)?.
On boot up a small window shows on screen titled Modem “Are you still in UK ?” with Yes and no buttons, when she clicks yes, it goes and everything is alright, she wants to get rid of it, but how?.

©®@$ђ 12:34 10 Feb 03

to add games

goto control panel/add and remove programs

add/remove windows components

double click accesseries and utilities and tick games

you will need your windows 98 cd

as for the are you still in the uk, can you not see a check box that says show this screen on startup, if so untick it

do you know what software you use for the modem, or what the modem is called, it will help us pin point the settings down.

Tog 12:36 10 Feb 03

Games subdirectory is in the start menu under "accessories". If not, got into control panel, add/remove software and select them from the windows setup options.

roygbiv 17:11 10 Feb 03

will close now. Mother in Law is up and running (so to speak) she can post on her own now

ER INDOORS 19:45 12 Feb 03

This is ROYGBIV's mother in law. I've got my Games back but I can't get Freecell to work. I've still got the "HSP56 MICROMODEM" poping up on startup. Asking "Are you still in the UK" Yes or No. Can anybody help with this?

graham 19:51 12 Feb 03

need to re-instal Freeserve. If you have a disk, pop it in and choose existing account.

ER INDOORS 21:05 12 Feb 03

It appeared after reinstalling Windows. I reinstalled Freeserve after that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…