//some 3rd party need geo

win98 starts here

DARKSKYE 13:11 17 Mar 03

cannot run win98 start here.keep getting error
message error c00d132b
code 0
url file//D win98\content\htmi\03cskpyi cmp healthy\01-scrun cmp effcnt\05-lschk error scn dsk content Ahtm
Also some downloaded cannot be opened they
want to start win98 start herefrom

from willie T
a computer idiot

recap 13:20 17 Mar 03

DARKSKYE, I remember quite a while ago I ran win98 startshere and it crashed my system.

woodchip 14:21 17 Mar 03

Start your computer with your startup floppy disc and at the A:\> prompt Type scanreg/restore it should look like this

A:\>scanreg/restore and press enter key then choose a date befor your problem and press enter. then reboot when it's restored the registry

Diemmess 17:24 17 Mar 03

You can restore the registry without a floppy.......You need to keep pressing F8 as you boot on switching on, (straight after the option to enter the BIOS, and before Windows starts to load.

When the screen clears you will have 5 options... Choose "Command prompt only"........ At the C:> prompt, type as woodchip said, C:> scanreg/ restore .......but don't omit the space!

Sooner or later you must decide how much you need "Win 98 Start here" with recap's remark to consider?

woodchip 17:55 17 Mar 03

Work's OK without the space!!!!!

Nellie2 18:20 17 Mar 03

I am assuming Darkskye has windows 98se o/s. So have I and I press the Ctrl key to boot into the the 5 options you were talking about, not F8!!

woodchip 18:55 17 Mar 03

Ctrl key does not always work on Win98, that's why Diemmess said what he said and I agree as it alway's works if you keep pressing F8 as it starts

doug 20:22 17 Mar 03

^

Nellie2 13:22 18 Mar 03

thanks for that woodchip......another bit of useful info to stuff into my brain! :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…