WIN98 SEDrivers for USB flash memory won't install

canard 23:40 30 Nov 05

I bought an Easy Disk ED717M USB storage from Dabs.
It works in WIN XP.
I have downloaded the drivers but cannot get it to work in WIN98 SE.
Setup.exe installs the Memory Bar.
But when I put Easy Disk into the USB Memory Bar says No Find Disk.
Device Manager has a yellow question mark and says no driver installed.
When I try to get Device Manager to install driver from the download file it says it cannot find the driver although it is there.
Please tell me how to get Easy Disk USB storage working.
I have tried both M and M1 driver downloads.
Tried to send this email to Support@yifangdigital and it bounced straight back. So hope that a PCAdvisor pundit knows the answer and if they do I will be very grateful.

GaT7 01:50 01 Dec 05

Try the drivers from click here. Scroll down for the ED717M's 'English' drivers & tools, which are 3rd from bottom.

Similar problem at click here, that was solved by the above. Platypus' trekstor link in the thread doesn't work, so I went to the homepage & navigated to the correct page (I hope!). Good luck, G

canard 13:58 01 Dec 05

Thanks Crossbow7- you give me hope [had opted todivert it for grandchild with XP stocking filler] will try. Result to follow. As it was so cheap had thought of it for all grandchildren but it's too awkward for the WIN 98SE users.

canard 22:27 01 Dec 05

Crossbow7 I've installed both and still cannot get WIN98 SE to recognise the driver. Giving up in despair- all is not lost just need 4 stocking filler USB Flash gizmos that are easy to install on WIN98SE- this model fits one grandchild. Thankyou very much for your help which I'm sure would have worked if my PC hadn't been so perishing pigheaded.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced