Win98 - Move History, Cookies, Temp Folders

Zak 19:24 23 Feb 04

I want to move History, Cookies, Temp Folders to another partition and just have the Win98 plus essential programs on its own partition.

I have moved Favorites and Tem Internet Files, but have a problem with the remainder.

My thinking is to reduce fragmentation on partition where Win 98 is installed.

Any ideas please?

R4 20:10 23 Feb 04

You could move temp and cookies directories but I'm not sure about the history. However a lot of programs use the temp directory when they arre installing and expect to see it in the windows directory tree.

I just clear the temp directory once a week and set the cookies to 10Mb and history dirctory to 5 days in the IE setup.

Zak 21:28 23 Feb 04

Zak 18:57 24 Feb 04

Zak 19:39 25 Feb 04

Here's hoping someone knows the answer?

Valvegrid 19:48 25 Feb 04

Any help? click here

Valvegrid 19:56 25 Feb 04

To move the temp folder go to tools then settings you'll be able to move the folder anywhere you want.

Zak 18:49 26 Feb 04

Thanks R4 and Valvegrid for your responses. I'll keep searching and try out your suggestions.

woodchip 18:57 26 Feb 04

If you need to move anything move your Swap file. moving the other things will mean that IE will not work etc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…