Win98 missing the file BT848.sys..

lixdexik 19:13 09 Jan 03
  lixdexik 19:13 09 Jan 03

Hi....I have win98 not SE and I have installed the Jetway pcitv card on my computer. When trying to install the drivers for this card I am prompted to insert the win98 cd and click ok when ready. there are several drivers to install and a few of them come from the win98 cd, however the file BT848.sys can't be found on the 98 disc.. the instruction with the card says it works with win98/SE/2000/ME.. but I see the blurb on the box says it works with win98SE/2000/ME.. not quite the same.. how can I get the file BT848.sys??? Is there a site I can download it from?

Cheers Lixdexik.

Longnose 19:22 09 Jan 03

Do a search for the file using click here or on the microsoft site

anchor 19:35 09 Jan 03

From what I can see, following a quick search, this file is for Windows2000-Pro

click here

However, is does say it may work with other versions of Windows.

lixdexik 20:10 09 Jan 03

thanks Longnose and anchor.

it would seem that this file is for 2000 pro as you say anchor, but that is the file it asks for and the capture card shows in device manager as having a fault. I have now downloaded it and will try to install it shortly ( after a reformat and reinstall of every thing.the puter is in a bit of a mess at the moment, probs with partitions, dual boot and corrupt win98 system.) best to start again me thinks. Many thanks for your help.

cheers Lixdexik.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…