WIN98 crashes everytime I close Control Panel

lurko64 15:20 01 May 03

I have Win98 SE. AMD 1.2ghz duron processor. ASUS A7N266-VM Motherboard. Everytime I open control panel then close it using "x" button on top right hand corner i get the message
EXPLORER caused an invalid page fault in
module KERNEL32.DLL at 0167:bff8ac13.

Is it because I something I installed or corrupt registry. Has anyone had the same problem?
I really appreciate anyone helping me out. Thanks.

MichelleC 15:29 01 May 03

When ie starts to go wrong it can be a prob sorting out. Here's things to try:

repair via add/remove

reverting to previous

reinstalling 98 over itself.

Diemmess 17:52 01 May 03

If you have only had the problem in the last 5 days it is easy to scrap the present state and go back to the time that it worked.

Switch on and press F8 repeatedly before you reach the "verifying" stage.

The screen will change to a DOS screen with several options including safe mode .......... Choose - Command prompt only - and Enter.

Then when it settles to C:>\Windows, type in scanreg /restore (juss like that!) and Enter.

You will be offered the last five dates when the computer was booted.

Pick the date before it went screwy and watch the screens roll by until you arrive at a happier state.

woodchip 18:07 01 May 03

Try running the System File Checker, In run box type SFC click OK. You Need your win98 CD in comp

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…