WIN95.Marburg

Rawhaw 15:32 05 Aug 05

Hi all,
A scan has turned up the following infection:
C...\kerneld.amd64infectofWIN95.Marburg.
Does anyone have any idea how to get rid - the usual Spybot and adware don't see it while the trial version of VirITeXplorer lite sees it but wont get rid. Is there anything out there to touch it?
Thanks

Klof Ron 15:42 05 Aug 05
  Rawhaw 16:38 05 Aug 05

Hi Ron,
Thanks for the info but I think there's something funny (or funnier) going on. There's no trace of the file mentioned in the web link you provided(tr4_generic-nocd.exe) nor is it shown in Task Manager so I can't stop it. Hmmm

Klof Ron 16:47 05 Aug 05

click here and download the removal tool.

ventanas 16:48 05 Aug 05

You say its a trial version of VirITeXplorer that you are using. As nothing else seems to see this have you considered that it may be a ploy to make you purchase the full version. I've seen more than one of these programs do this.

Rawhaw 17:16 05 Aug 05

Hi Ron, I've just run the Spyhunter you recommended and it seems to have worked - many thanks for yr help

Hi ventanas,
Yeh, know what yr saying but the infection was flagged up by Google of all people! If they were at it I think I'd have to lay in a dark room for a while.
cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…