Win95 on desktop to laptop

buckleboy 21:28 21 Sep 03

I have an old desktop pc with windows 95 on, i would like to put my win 95 onto the laptop as i am throwing the desktop away. I have the win 95 cd and registration, but my laptop does not have a cd drive. Is there a way of copying it from one to the other by cables ie: parallel and if so is there a programme available to help me do this.

woodchip 21:49 21 Sep 03

You would do well to buy a CD drive as you also need to load software etc. Although you can connect by direct cable with some messing about but what if you have probs after you will still need a CD drive to reinstall

buckleboy 22:02 21 Sep 03

Hi woodchip
I also have office 97 on cd, which i would also put on. It is a fairly old laptop and a cd drive maybe difficult to obtain. You sound as if you know of such a programme that may help me.

woodchip 22:06 21 Sep 03

You may pickup a CD Drive if you contact Morgan computers. Or from a Computer here

woodchip 22:07 21 Sep 03

Phone them and tell them what you want

woodchip 22:09 21 Sep 03
  buckleboy 22:25 21 Sep 03

Thanks woodchip, i'll give them a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…