Win7 Upgrade reinstall

iscanut2 17 Dec 11
Answered

I have an XP upgrade disk with which I upgraded my old desktop from XP to Win 7. That old machine has now been scrapped and I am wondering if I can use the upgrade CD to upgrade my laptop from Vista to Win 7. Will Microsoft throw a wobbly if I use the CD again and re register the ID etc or will I need to buy another upgrade CD ?

robin_x 17 Dec 11
Answer

Just try it.

AFAIK, If there is any hassle you can call MS (a Freephone number will come up). You can 'talk' to the computer or maybe a human and explain that the old one is scrapped and no-one else using it.

A new number will be issued or you will have to argue the toss or buy a new upgrade.

KRONOS the First 17 Dec 11

You should have no problems but if so as *robinofloxley * has said use the free-phone number and you can activate your copy that way.

iscanut2 17 Dec 11

Thanks

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message