Win7 folder toolbar buttons

emmandelo1 11:10 11 Jul 10

hi, just changed from XP to win7. In XP on the folders toolbar I could put buttons for cut copy paste instead of using the edit drop down. I can't seem to find any way of putting these buttons on the toolbar in Win7. Can anyone help?

northumbria61 13:26 11 Jul 10

In Mozilla Firefox go to VIEW Tab - TOOLBARS - CUSTOMISE - Add or Remove required items from there.
Not quite sure about I.E. as I don't use it much.

northumbria61 13:32 11 Jul 10

Ahhh ! - In I.E. right click on BLANK area of Toolbar - select Customise - select Add or Remove Commands.

mgmcc 14:12 11 Jul 10

Isn't the original question about WINDOWS Explorer, rather than a browser? I haven't found a way of putting XP type icons into a toolbar in "Computer".

It is probably easier to right click and use "Copy" or "Paste" rather than having to use the Edit menu.

emmandelo1 15:00 11 Jul 10

yes, you're right mgmcc. It is about Windows Explorer. This is for my 83 year old father in law. He has problems right clicking and I had set up XP so he could just left click an icon in the toolbar rather than having to right click and, drop down and click again.

northumbria61 15:02 11 Jul 10

In that case it appears it is not possible - click here

Microsoft have removed all that customization since Vista.

There appears to be a "Registry Tweak" to try from the LINK I have provided if you want to give it a try.

northumbria61 15:02 11 Jul 10

In that case it appears it is not possible - click here

Microsoft have removed all that customization since Vista.

There appears to be a "Registry Tweak" to try from the LINK I have provided if you want to give it a try.

northumbria61 15:03 11 Jul 10

Ooops ! must have clicked twice.

mgmcc 16:34 11 Jul 10

>>> This is for my 83 year old father in law. He has problems right clicking...

One option is to use the 'Menu' key, between the right 'Windows' key and the right 'Ctrl' key. This performs the same function as right clicking and opens the context menu in whichever application.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…