Win7 - Firefox.Browser issue

wotbus@ 20:20 08 Sep 10

As of late yesterday I have an irritating problem.
When surfing, the loaded page goes directly to the bottom, so I have to scroll up to the top!
After I have scrolled up and begin reading, sometimes it jumps to the bottom again?
For example when following a thread on a forum I click "next page" but it goes directly to the bottom of the "next" page and I have to scroll up again.
Anyone please.

northumbria61 20:56 08 Sep 10

Whenever you have a problem with Firefox, whatever it is, you should make sure it's not coming from one of your installed add-ons, be it an extension, a theme or a plugin. To do that easily and cleanly, run Firefox in safe mode and select Disable all add-ons. If the problem disappears, you know it's from an add-on. Disable them all in normal mode, and enable them one at a time until you find the source of the problem.

Give it a try.

wotbus@ 21:20 08 Sep 10

Thanks northumbria61 but I have already tried surfing with IE and it's the same!
It's really kinda wierd - happily reading the top of the page then zap, down to the bottom?

northumbria61 21:53 08 Sep 10

Jury out on this one at the moment - still deliberating !!

northumbria61 22:01 08 Sep 10

Tried clearing out your Browser "cache" ?
Running ccleaner ? In I.E. "reset" under "Internet Options" Advanced Tab. Only suggestions - you may wish to try.

wotbus@ 08:28 09 Sep 10

Yes to the cleaning and CCleaner. I will try to search out some "resets" or "default" settings.
I'm wondering if it could be a problem with my mouse wheel/innerds. I'll change that first then dig a bit deeper if necessary.
Chrs.

northumbria61 10:34 09 Sep 10

You could try going into Control Panel and having a look at your "mouse settings" - but is it doing it all the time or just when browsing ? (ie. with other programs other than Internet) Try another mouse if you have one - that will soon let you know one way or the other.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…