Win7 64bit/iPod Touch install

rigiddigit 11:19 02 Sep 10

I've googled this one for days & had no success.W7 Ultimate won't recognize iPod as a drive.When I unplug the pod it disconnects the wifi.I've updated drivers 7 installed latest iTunes.Can't get the "usbaap.inf" fix to work.Anyone succeeded?

I am Spartacus 11:29 02 Sep 10

Did you use the 64-bit iTunes?

john bunyan 13:28 02 Sep 10

No problems here with 2 iPod Classics and a Touch.(Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate.)Could you explain the problem in a bit more detail? Wht Wifi does it disconnect? I will, later, check my programme details.

rigiddigit 16:13 02 Sep 10

Thanks for the replies.Have 64 bit iTunes.I have a USB TP-link wireless N adaptor that feeds off a Netgear modem/router.When I unplug the iPod(touch) from its usb socket it takes out the wifi connection.The google pages are packed with complaints.Thought PC Advisor might have the answer.Those pages explain in greater detail than I can.MS & iTunes say it's a driver problem but their fixes don't work.

john bunyan 17:29 02 Sep 10

I have a Belkin N+ ADSL 2 Modem / Router and have seen no problems. My grand daughter has an iPod Touch, but I have not given her my wi fi WAP code!
My router is connected to the desktop by ethernet cable and laptop by wireless. No problems detected ( latest iTouch software uodate went in ok)Can you try ethernet cable to PC rather than USB wireless adapter? The iPod touch appears as a HD in W Explorer and in iTunes as the named device.Hope you solve it.

john bunyan 17:43 02 Sep 10

Might be worth joining this forum:
click here

john bunyan 18:55 02 Sep 10

My version of i Tunes is 9.2.1.5

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…