Win32.Winfix

geoff47 20:17 12 Aug 07

I am using XP and Firefox, when surfing I have twice had a screen that closes the site I am on and imposes a page saying my PC is at risk etc and to download Winfix, at the same time Avast stops the program downloading with the warning its a Trojan.
Should I worry about this ?

Many thanks

howard64 20:48 12 Aug 07

clean the pc something is on board and trying to take over.

VoG II 21:00 12 Aug 07

Try running

Superantispyware click here

AVG Antispyware click here

Windows Defender click here

A-squared click here

SB23 21:02 12 Aug 07

I would suggest that Avast is doing its job, and that its worth scanning to make sure.
I had a small problem with a Winfix variant earlier in the year and RogueRemover helped.
Its worth a try.

click here

SB23 21:06 12 Aug 07

As VoG™ has already said, I use Superantispyware as an extra scanner. Its very, very good, and always pick up things that the other scanners miss.

skidzy 21:06 12 Aug 07

Winfixer use to be a pain to remove if downloaded,nowadays most of the antispyware programs if updated recognise this threat and deals with it.

However,run the scans from the programs above to varify your system is clean.

Winfixer is a ROGUE program !

geoff47 22:48 12 Aug 07

I have installed Adblock plus plugin for FireFox , and downloaded SuperAntispyware, it found 42 items to worry about.
I feel a lot safer now.
This site should get Knighted or something.
Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…