... argh?!

Fateful Shadow 14:32 06 Jun 05

Even though I have absolutely no idea how on earth it got onto the system, it appears to be here in 2 registry keys...

Ad-aware picked it up and I'm on the page where it shows you the objects it has found. If I 'delete' this will it go, or just reappear? Has anyone else something like this before? What should I do?

Fateful Shadow 14:46 06 Jun 05

If it helps, it's something to do with 'retro64.' This is what comes up in the Ad-aware scan...

Object Type:Regkey
Size:18 Bytes
TAC index:7
Description:Downloads malicious software from the internet, operates in stealth, undisclosed installation.!

Completealias 15:04 06 Jun 05

Clean out all of your temporary files and disable system restore this will empty out all your restore points as nasties can hide in there.

Allow adaware to clean the problem and then restart and rescan. Also clean with another anti spyware app eg spybot click here or ms antispyware click here and restart after each scan.

Run a full scan with your antivirus app and I would also recommened a2 click here

If they come back clean then re-enable system restore if you still have the problem after that then you'll need to run hijack this and have an expert look at it to help clean up

Fateful Shadow 15:46 06 Jun 05

I'm going through what you said to do now. Thanks for the ideas :)

I was wondering though, isn't it a bit risky to turn off System Restore? I mean, if there was something that prevented me from booting up after a shutdown what would I be able to do?

Thanks again :)

VoG II 15:56 06 Jun 05

When you've got rid of the trojan, turn System Restore back on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…