Win32:Trojan-gen

The Dazza 16:20 23 Oct 04

I have the above mentioned virus on windows me office 200 and it's bugging me. It's in C:\_RESTORE\ARCHIVE\FS66.CAB\A0013522.CPYI how can I get rid of it? I've read somewhere if you turn off system restore and run the antivirus again (Avast) this gets rid, is this true? If so how do I turn off system restore? Please help :o(

VoG II 16:34 23 Oct 04
  JohnC123 16:35 23 Oct 04

To turn off Windows Restore in Win ME:- right click My Computer,on the desk top, then click Properties, Performance, File Setting at the bottom left, next click on Troubleshooting and at the bottom of the page you should see a box to disable System Restore.
John

Diodorus Siculus 16:36 23 Oct 04

As you suggest, the virus is in the system restore file.

click here to see how to turn it off.

The Dazza 19:28 23 Oct 04

I have disabled system restore and when I run AV it doesn't pick up a virus anymore. Is there no way I can remove the virus so I can still use system restore?

VoG II 19:29 23 Oct 04

By disabling System Restore, which effectively deletes all the restore points, you've removed the trojan.

Just turn System Restore back on again.

The Dazza 19:31 23 Oct 04

Can anyone tell me exactly what Adaware does? I have the program that I run every so often but I don't know in detail exactly what it does. Just interested!

The Dazza 19:33 23 Oct 04

Thanks VOG will do.

VoG II 19:33 23 Oct 04

click here explains and gives you the link to download ther latest version Ad-aware SE Personal 1.05.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…