Win32:Trojan-ge / Weathercast/uninstall.exe

Nipsen 2 15:40 14 Dec 04

Pentium 3,
500 MHZ.
128 ram.
Windows xp pro
My son has just gone on broadband (blueyonder basic) After a few problems with outlook express, everything seemed o.k. I spoke to him over the phone & suggested downloading a few free security fixes, Avast a-virus, spywareblaster, spybot, cwshredder, etc, avast did a scan & found >>>>>>>Win32:Trojan-ge / Weathercast/uninstall.exe & put it in the virus vault, He deleted it from there but it keeps reappearing, also now getting "about blank", instead of blueyonder home page. To make matters worse when He starts his computer up, it takes 10 minutes to do anything on his desktop, when it,s running it is verrrrry slow. I asked Him to bring it round & I will format the hard drive, & reinstall windows.What I would like to know would this get rid of the virus, or could it possibly be in the BIOS ? If so could could anyone advise me ? (P.S. I will not get the computer 6-30 pm) Thanks in advance.

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:03 14 Dec 04

Turn off system restore and run the spyware progs again inc. click here (adaware). You will need to clean the temp files completely and Ccleaner from click here will do this. Reboot and turn sys. restore back on.

G

Nipsen 2 16:18 14 Dec 04

Thanks GANDALF <|:-)> I have downloaded the programs on my pc, & when I get my son,s pc, (6-30 pm) will follow your reply. Nipsen2

Nipsen 2 13:46 15 Dec 04

Sorry this has taken so long.But thanks GANDALF <|:-)> I followed your advice & it has improved the start up & running 400% !. Ad-aware & Spybot found 117 problems between them. I then used the cleaner, rebooted, & put system restore back on then another scan. No viruses found, thanks to God & you. Cheers Nipsen. (In my haste,I ticked the resolved box before I posted the response)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…