Win32/Netsky Virus

Conny 22:12 29 May 04

I have received over 30 emails today claiming that an email I tried to send contained the [email protected],1. virus. I have not sent any emails for over a week. The line reads, Your email contained the following virus and was stopped. [email protected],1. Subject Heading, Document. It is supposed to have been sent to, '[email protected]' Can anyone shed any light on this? I run AVG anti virus and a check of my system reveals all clear.
I am using XP Pro. Thanks.

VoG II 22:15 29 May 04

Somebody you know has netsky and/or your e-mail address has been spoofed. I've lost count of the number of these that I've had at work. Just delete the e-mail and carry on.

stalion 22:16 29 May 04

just delete them and if you want mailwasher it's here click here

WaTcHiNg 22:17 29 May 04

Someone who has your email address in their email address book has the virus not you.

The Netsky virus picks an address at random from the infected PC's address list and send emails out to lots of people but uses one address as the 'from address.

The simplest way to find out who has the infected PC is to make a note of the domains that they emails get bounced from (eg. @tesco.net, @friendsreunited.com, @fastcars.com) and then try to work out who would have your email address and visit those sites.

I've used this method successfully twice now to track down who had an infected PC.

There are other technical ways to do this but they're not easy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…