win32:kuang2 virus?

mammak 22:50 07 Apr 04

Hi "AVAST HOME EDITION" on 4 scans has thrown this at me i have deleted but it appears on every boot,it is found in c:\windows\system32\activescan\imscan,dll now i am aware that it could be a hoax and that i might have to turn of system restore and scan in safe mode (sorry os win xp pro)but i am nervous of doing this (S/R )and a have not used safe mode in xp so i dont know what to press on startup ie:del f8 ect thanks for any help Mammak
ps going to bed soon so get back soonest

Gaz 25 22:57 07 Apr 04

Tap F8 on boot up, and select Safe mode on the list.

c:\windows\system32\activescan\imscan.dll

That file is part of Panda Online Virus scanner.

Its because Panda dont encryipt the virus defs, so it is picked up by other virus scanners.

If you want to remove the file though, just Start > Run > Type: c:\windows\system32\activescan
and find and delete the imscan.dll file.

Giggle n' Bits 22:58 07 Apr 04

repetativly and you hopefully will come to a screen that give you the option to start in Safe mode.

mammak 23:07 07 Apr 04

Gaz 25, Kinloss thanks so much for your replie i will try both and get back ok thanks again Mammak

mammak 18:39 08 Apr 04

well turned off S/R and scanned in safe mode it all apears ok now ,thanks again for your help .Mammak

QQAA 19:52 08 Apr 04

now that you problem is solved. click here contains a few interesting avast! skins for easy download and automatic implementation upon finishing.

in my opinion, the first two skins listed ("Lite-On" and "Pirate") actually improved on the existing skin interface in that it is now even more user-friendly and commands on the main menu are both practical and self-explanatory.

the other available skins are also worth trying out, depending on personal tastes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…