Win32/HiDrag

celticbhoy0 17:29 06 Apr 04

I have a PC running windows XP & AVG 6 free edition. AVG reports that I have two files infected with Win32/HiDrag. BOTH these files are reported as C:\MY.OAD\DOWNLOAD.DAT. I have tried the following steps to remove this but with no luck so far.

Disable system restore
Run AVG (AVG still cant remove files)
Start windows safe mode
Run AVG (AVG will not run)
Have tried to manually find these files but have so far been unable to find directory let alone files.

Any help would be much appreciated

johnnyrocker 17:35 06 Apr 04

might these be spyware? have you run any spyware/trojan/worm checks?

johnny.

VoG II 17:37 06 Apr 04

I believe this is another name for Jeefo click here

Gongoozler 17:38 06 Apr 04

If you can't find the offending file via Windows, you could look for, and delete it in DOS. I don't know Windows XP enough to tell you how to get to a DOS command, so perhaps someone else can help here.

VoG II 17:44 06 Apr 04

Start, Run, type in

cmd

and click OK to get to a command prompt.

celticbhoy0 17:51 06 Apr 04

Although AVG is finding the virus in these files I cant see any signs of the pc being infected as yet. For example the registry does not have the entry mentioned in all of the info I have read about this virus so far. I was wondering if the fact that the files are reportedly called download.dat means that they may be files which have not finnished properlly downloading to my PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…