Win32/Agent.BCK trojan and Win32/BHO.G trojan

herc182 08:10 26 Sep 07

I keep getting warnings from nod32 about the aforementioned. I terminate, quarantine etc and it does nothing. It keeps coming back. I have run A2(squared) and spybot but its still there. If i restart and try to use safe mode, windows does not load.

It says there is and error in the explorer.exe. Its really annoying. Also, A2 stops running due to some error. I press continue application and then there is a button that has no writing on it (a pop up that looks like it could be a windows button with "ok" on it (except there is nothing written on the button) which i press, and a2 stops)

Also, whether its related or not, internet explorer keeps starting with bloody sky poker. i have never played any online games like that.

Thanks in advance.
I have an acer laptop with windows xp home sp2

herc182 08:11 26 Sep 07

o and spybot comes up with an error (just happened now) and i cant fix the problems its found.
I am going to hit the screen in a moment!

herc182 13:56 26 Sep 07

anyone have any ideas?

thanks

Acx 14:37 26 Sep 07

You could try Trend, as it's web based you may have more luck in allowing it to finish a scan.

click here

herc182 10:13 28 Sep 07

thanks. that did not work either. it finished the scan then internet explorer closed automatically. i didnt get to delete anything.
I ran nod32 which found the offenders. i told it to delete them (which is said it would do after a restart). they are still there.

I also have some virtumonde shite too. Its really annoying me. And whenever i restart windows, my backdrop appears but no icons or start menu. 1 in 6 or so restarts gets me into windows. anyone know any fixes please? Desperate. Thinking of reinstalling windows (which i really dont want to do!).

mfletch 11:16 28 Sep 07

Hi, Download this Free Vundo fix and follow the instructions,
click here

VundoFix is a removal tool developed to remove Virtumonde infections
VundoFix.exe is a removal tool developed to remove Virtumonde infections.

To use VundoFix follow the instrctions written below:
· Please download VundoFix.exe to your desktop.
· Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
· Put a check next to Run VundoFix as a task.
· You will receive a message saying vundofix will close and re-open in a minute or less. Click OK
· When VundoFix re-opens, click the Scan for Vundo button.
· Once it's done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.
· You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES
· Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
· When completed, it will prompt that it will shutdown your computer, click OK.
· Turn your computer back on.

mfletch

herc182 11:24 28 Sep 07

anyone? Thanks

herc182 11:27 28 Sep 07

thanks mfletch. will try that as soon as the "spyware doctor" has finished its scan. I have run so many damn programmes!

mfletch 11:35 28 Sep 07

Hi The one;s I would use are here,

Superantispyware FREE

click here

Vundo fix
VirtumundoBeGone

click here

The later one;s for your infection,

mfletch

herc182 16:39 28 Sep 07

right i have tried all of those things and none of them work. nod32 is still picking it up on startup. however the trojans seem to have gone. only the virtumonde remains.
any ideas?

thanks for your help

mfletch 16:57 28 Sep 07

Hi, It maybe picking it up in your system restore points,

If your computer is running OK then try turning off system restore and do another scan with vundo fix and VirtumundoBeGone,

Dont forget to turn SR back on when you have finished the scans,

If that does not work you should seek professional help,

Virus Vault click here?

mfletch

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017