Win32/adware.virtumonde.application

Can anyone advise how to get this off their pc as I have tried spybot cannot find it!
Nod32 says its on my pc but cannot get rid of it.
Tried Vundofix but it cannot see it.
What do you advise?

mfletch 12:07 24 Mar 08

Try SAS Superantispyware I think its one of the best antispyware program available at the moment

Try the free version/ click here

Also do a full scan in safe mode,

SAFE MODE

Reboot into SAFE MODE

1/Click Start and then click Turn Off Computer.
2/In the Turn Off Windows dialog box, click Restart, and then click OK.
3/As your computer restarts but before Windows launches, press F8 repeatedly.
4/Use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode, and then press ENTER.
5/If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot system, choose the installation that you need to access using the arrow keys, and then press ENTER.
Note: If Windows launches before you can choose a safe mode, restart your computer and try again
PS/ Sometimes it maybe the F5 key

birdface 13:21 24 Mar 08

This might work.click here

Hi to you both have tried all the above and still coming up on Nod32,

Would it be better to uninstall IE as it is saying it is coming from there?

skidzy 13:41 24 Mar 08

mfletch has given you a procedure that should get rid of the infection if carried out how he has listed,however this may need a little more encouragment.

If VundoFix misses the infection,try VirtumundoBegone from here click here

It is paramount you cleanup in safemode or you will see this infection possibly reappear once back into windows after a reboot.

I have tried to download the VirtumundoBegone from the website it says Firefox can't find the file at /~secured2k/tools/VirtumundoBeGone.exe so do you have another website I can try?

skidzy 15:51 24 Mar 08

Direct dwnload click here

Have you tried in IE ?

I cannot get it to download at all it connects and then just hangs 68% tried restaring numerous times but still no luck.
Tried it in firefox & IE

Mac70 16:59 24 Mar 08

Virtumundobegone is outdated and Vundofix misses a lot of the files. SAS has little hope, it might just mask the problem temporarily.

any other ideas to kill this off?

Mac70 20:44 24 Mar 08

Yes but you would need to be instructed and this forum doesnt cater for that. There are plenty forums, staffed by volunteers, that do. There is the busy ones where you may have to have to wait for a reply, and are well known to some regulars here, or there are smaller quieter ones owned by repected malware fighters, where you will most likely get an immediate response.

Busy forum- click here

Quiet forum- click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac