Win32:Adan-155 query

micklemouse 19:33 29 Sep 05

My Avast antivirus found this on my computer but no other antivirus (McAfee, Norton, Sophos) seems to know of its existence. I want to know how bad this thing is and where it came from; I was in Napster at the time but as soon as Avast screamed 'VIRUS ALERT' at me, lol, my AOL Spyware scanner kicked in too most unexpectedly. I sent the infected file to the virus chest (quarantine) as advised and the one made anew in my System Restore was put there too.

Any help or knowledge of this virus/worm/whatever would be greatly appreciated

Regards Micklemouse

VoG II 19:36 29 Sep 05

It appears to be adware. click here is all I could find.

micklemouse 19:40 29 Sep 05

Thanks VoG, but how can you tell it's just adware by looking at these files? Sorry but you know these things and I don't! I wasn't too impressed with Avast's supply of information about this adware. It just told me to put it in the virus chest and that was that. No threat risk or anything like you get with McAfee,, still I guess you get what you pay for ...

micklemouse 19:41 29 Sep 05

...or don't as in my case!

VoG II 19:46 29 Sep 05

It lists it as

Win32:Adan-155 [Adw]

Other things ate listed as [Wrm] (=worm), [Trj] (=trojan) etc.

micklemouse 19:48 29 Sep 05

Thanks Vog.

Case closed!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…