Win2k Installed twice

Secret Squirrel 15:02 13 Sep 05

I installed Win2k (on an old PC) and set up a second partition on my C drive but noticed that I could not see the 2nd partition that I had created. It was created because the current "C:" drive shows it to be 20Gb, the partition I created. So where was the other 60Gb? I was expecting to be prompted to reformat another partition but was not. The next bits a tad embarassing so I'll skip over it suffice to say that I installed win2k again (+SP2)but on the second partition and then proceeded to reformat the partition containing Win2k (SP2)as I could not see away of uninstalling it. So to recap, I had Win2k and Win2k (+SP2) and deleted via reformmting SP2.

Now when I boot up I get a screen asking me to select an operating system. One works fine when selected but the other does not and a message saying to reinstal missing file NTOSKRNL.EXE
I of corse deleted it.
My question, how can I clear the system so I do not need to choose an operating system because there is only one now left fully installed.
Yes I know am a doo dooh

Thanks

Diemmess 16:52 13 Sep 05

I think you have one partiton with NTFS and the other (guessing)a FAT32 format. Which one is which I do not know.

IF so... you have to decide either to use a program like Partition Magic to explore and probably repartition your HD, or scrap the lot and go through an FDISK routine from the beginning, and before installing 2K again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…