win2k boot problems

vinnyo123 04:46 20 Jul 04

Need some advise my server froze and was making load beeping noise , and now cannot boot to OS.I tried repairing with CD no luck( on boot the only error I get is DOS screne saying "error starting OS".)I put HDD into another PC to rule out any other hardware problems.I can loggin to DOS with admin password and see all DIR. I tried CHKDSK no good and also repair MBR no good.Any other Ideas will be appreciated thanks.

another long night LOL

MichelleC 09:10 20 Jul 04

Is this the way you did repair?

(With the cdrom booting up you select 'install', then you will be prompted to enter the repair console in the next screen. Do not enter the repair console here but continue on by selecting 'install' again. Then you should be presented with the listed operating systems on your pc . This should give you the option to repair those installations. This way it will rewrite over the entire operating system but will leave your installed programs intact. The only difference I have seen using this method is that it wipes out every windows update..)

If this is no good can you install w2k on another partition?

vinnyo123 14:22 20 Jul 04

ok thanks for the response, but I went ahead and reformated and set up server again on another machine. I got server up and web page going almost fully configured.Now my problem is finding out what happened seems to be with BIOS I am currently rouble shooting the problem PC.I am going to unplug all Perpherials except vidoe card to see if I get vidoe then try to reset BIOS.As my problem is when I start PC I get nothing not even POST.

What are the deferent ways of reseting BIOS?
While I try and look up motherboards Web site(as it is an old PC)

thanks in advance

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:53 20 Jul 04

If getting nothing not even a post try another PSU

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…