win2000pro boot problem, any suggestions

martin1976 20:04 14 Jan 04

hi i have win2k pro and it wont boot up, it gets to login screen and when i type my username it begins to log me in. Sometimes it stays on loading your profile dialogu box and sometimes this disapears and all i get is a blue screen but it thats all it stays at. any suggestions, should i try to reload the operating system system. thanks in advance.

Big Elf 20:25 14 Jan 04

Are there any error messages shown on the blue screen?

Maybe a corrupt profile?

martin1976 20:30 14 Jan 04

nop nothing just seems to be hanging left if for about an hour on a few occasions, still no luck.

Big Elf 20:34 14 Jan 04

You could try re-installing but have you important data you can't afford to lose on the drive? I ask this because a format and re-install wouild probably be better. I think it's only XP where you can repair or reinstall without having to reload your other programs.

Big Elf 20:35 14 Jan 04

Reading this might help click here

Big Elf 20:38 14 Jan 04

I forgot. I'm a member of that site so you may not be able to see the threads without registering. There's an MS article on repair at click here

Big Elf 20:39 14 Jan 04

And another one about an 'in place upgrade' at click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…