win2000 network problems

crusty 18:33 26 Apr 08

I am running a dual boot system. Win98SE & Win2000. my onboard network connection has stopped connecting via win2000. when i open internet explorer it looks for a wireless connection (not installed) then says page not found.i installed a separate network card yesterday and started up and was able to connect to internet ok. i shutdown and today restarted and cannot connect again, with win 2000 loking for the wireless connection.
if i boot up into win98 i can still connect to internet straight away so network connections are working ok, and router is ok.
what is win2000 doing? is there a setting that i am missing or do i need to go for a system restore?
any suggestions?
Peter

Ditch999 22:45 26 Apr 08

"with win 2000 loking for the wireless connection" ? Did you have a wireless adapter installed? There is no WZC in 2000 so the only way it would look for a wireless connection is if someone installed wireless adapter software.

crusty 20:19 27 Apr 08

i did have a wireless card installed but have removed it. i uninstalled all the software and drivers. i checked through the registry to make sure i had got rid of all traces of the Linksys product.
still having the same problems today!

Ditch999 13:03 29 Apr 08

Run a registry cleaner. try looking in the services tab of Computer Management to see if a wireless adapter or a Linksys device is listed. If it is set it to Disabled and reboot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…