Win2000 does not detect dual display adapter

bjk 08:55 19 Aug 05

I've put a dual head Power Color ATI AGP card in my computer, but my Windows 2000 is not able to detect this. In Device Manager the card shows up as a single card. I have used dual head adapters on ME and XP, and never had problems, it is always detected in the boot up. Anybody having ideas what to do??

Eric10 14:08 19 Aug 05

The CD that should have come with the card will have the correct drivers on it for all operating systems. If you don't have the CD then from looking on the Internet, the ATI PowerColor would appear to be a Radeon card and the Catalyst drivers for these are available from click here

bjk 07:04 22 Aug 05

Thanks for your response. I am quite sure I did install the correct driver from the CD. When I open the ATI driver (via display properties), I find the the two displays and all the possibilities to switch between them. But in the display properties in Windows I find just one display, there should be two, with the possibility to put a checkmark on "Do you want to increase the desktop to this display...". This is very strange, but I will uninstall an reinstall the driver on more time and see. Thank you.

AndySD 07:29 22 Aug 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…