Win Xp and Win 98 Networking

AL E Mirror 18:37 30 Dec 04

I would like some infromation on setting up a network between my two desktops 1 winxp(conected via cable to router) and the other win98se(connected via wireless pci card) ie, do I start with xp network wizard ? or set up printer and file sharing ? or internet gateway on my 54Mbps wireless ADSL Firewall Router DG834G ? The wireless side being for my laptop as well which can be added now or later. So far I have not been albe to get the two destops to connect but both can use the internet.
All the guides I have found so far are for one os or the other.

Yours unconnected

Any suggestions would be great

Jeffers22 18:52 30 Dec 04

XP has as it's default workgroup name - MSHOME
Win98 has a default workgroup name of - WORKGROUP

I had some bother trying to convince XP to change it's name to WORKGROUP when I added an XP PC to an existing network. I would therefore advice running the network wizard and create a floppy on the XP machine, then insert the floppy and run it on the Win98 box. That should see you up and running.

AL E Mirror 00:51 02 Jan 05

have tried your suggestion THANKS but what I think I need is advice or link on how to set up a local lan on 98/xp pcs from scratch any suggestions

AL E Mirror

AL E Mirror 00:52 02 Jan 05

Xp wizard keeps failing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…