win xp thumbnails

menorcarob2 11:06 21 Jan 03
  menorcarob2 11:06 21 Jan 03

can you tell me how to make win xp pro defaualt all my folders to thumbnail view, also somehowe i have interfered with the folder options and now they open in a new window each time i have checked folder option and this option is not selected

poiuyt 12:43 21 Jan 03

Make the change you require in any folder, then go to the tools menu, select folder options, then view then click on apply to all folders. That shoul do it.

menorcarob2 13:16 21 Jan 03

i have done this and that has made the thumbnail view constant, however the changes i made without knowing were in TOOLS/FOLDER OPTIONS/ FILE TYPE/ 4th and 5th down manila folders, one called file folder and one called file went to advanced and somehowe changed ACTIONS: what should the settings be and how do i change them back.

menorcarob2 12:10 22 Jan 03

still cannot get folders to open in the same window

jazzypop 12:21 22 Jan 03

Open Windows Explorer, go to Tools > Folder Options, select 'Open each folder in the same window'.

menorcarob2 12:40 22 Jan 03

done that five or six times at least and it still opens a new window please see the third post above thanks

menorcarob2 16:15 22 Jan 03

millions of windows open just to find a gif of a car help

jazzypop 19:05 22 Jan 03

Does this help?

"All XP folder windows have picture smarts built into them. To enable this, right-click any closed folder, choose Properties, and click the Customize tab.

Under the "What kind of folder to you want?" header, choose "Pictures (best for many files)" from the drop-down menu, and click OK. Then simply open the folder and click on any image file. You'll have a large preview of the image in the center of the file window. And you can scroll horizontally and click any image file to see its preview.

The folder customize options include two types of picture folders, three types of music folders, and one document folder type. When you choose among these types of folders, you're also changing a list of context-sensitive clickable actions that appear in a column on the left side of the folder window. There's even an option to change the icon for any folder (not just a shortcut to it), and even make a new icon the default for all folders."

Source - click here

See also click here

menorcarob2 10:48 24 Jan 03

thanks but no luck i can see what i need to find, but the problem is all the folders opening in new windows

jazzypop 12:40 24 Jan 03

No actual solution yet (for some reason, I can't recall the simple way to fix this), but two decent workarounds that are worth a try.

First, if you hold the Ctrl key down while you click a folder, this will force the opposite of what usually happens - in your case, this should force Explorer to open the folder in the same window, rather than a new one.

You might also want to try running IEcount - click here - and using that to restrict the number of open windows. It is intended for Internet Explorer, but I think it may well solve your problem, too.

As mentioned above, Windows Explorer and Windows Explorer are tightly integrated. Try opening Internet Explorer (not Windows Explorer) and go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced, scroll down and tick 'reuse windows for launching shortcuts'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…