//some 3rd party need geo

Win XP Start Menu, Settings.

TonyV 20:04 22 Oct 05

I seem to recall that when the Start button is clicked, a window came up with various programmes and the Log Off and Turn Off Computer buttons. I thought there was also a "Settings" button on the RHS of that Window. That is no longer there on my machine. The Control Panel button is. Is there a way of get the Settings button back in position? (Win XP Home SP2)

Thanks

TonyV

Zaphod Beeblebrox 20:14 22 Oct 05

there was a settings tab on older versions of windows but not as standard on xp

older versions can be emulated by clicking start right click on the blue bar at the bottom

properties switch to classic view apply ok this will revert the machine to the older style start menu

DieSse 20:16 22 Oct 05

Change to Classic View - and it should come back!

That's why I dislike the new view - it changes it's contents according to some useage algorithm - I like to see the same things in the same place! (It's an age thing!).

Stuartli 20:18 22 Oct 05

I also switched to the Classic view layout very quickly when getting XP Pro about two years ago - as with DieSse it's a comfort zone thing...:-)

TonyV 20:33 22 Oct 05

As you say, it must an age thing and being loathe to accept change for changes' sake!! I have done as you say and lo and behold, Settings is back in place!

Many thanks

TonyV

TonyV 20:34 22 Oct 05

Even "must be".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…