win xp sp2 fails to run

bluegrassandstrippers 13:17 23 May 05

i have downloaded sp2 from the microsoft site but everytime i run it it comes up with a message saying the file is not a valid Win32 application
any ideas

mulva42 13:36 23 May 05

Is it completly installed or is the problem when you try to download it from MS website?

bluegrassandstrippers 13:43 23 May 05

its completely downloaded but the message comes up when i go to open the file

mulva42 13:50 23 May 05

It is Xp your using yes?,and you have SP1 installed also, Sorry had to ask..
I wonder if it has something to do with Microsoft Java Virtual Machine.I will try and see what I can find out, hope someone can be more helpful than me at this moment in time..

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:29 23 May 05

Internet Explorer uses the registry in Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows NT 4.0 or later to determine what filename extension to use for downloaded files. If registry keys are damaged or missing, Internet Explorer may assign files an incorrect extension, which will prevent the system from opening them. Reinstalling Internet Explorer rewrites damaged or missing registry keys.

Windows hides registered file extensions by default. To enable Windows to show filename extensions:

1. In Windows Explorer, choose View > Options (Windows 95 or Windows NT) or View > Folder Options (Windows 98 or Windows 95 with Active Desktop), and then click the View tab.

2. Select Show All Files in the Hidden Files section or folder, deselect the option labeled, "Hide MS-DOS File Extensions for File Types that Are Registered" (Windows 95), or "Hide File Extensions for Known Files" (Windows 98, Windows NT 4.0, or Windows 95 with Active Desktop), and then click OK.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:31 23 May 05

The download my also be corrupted this will give the same message.

bluegrassandstrippers 15:59 23 May 05

thanks for help all sorted had to redownload a couple of times

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…