WIN XP Slow running with MSFSIM 2004

ukhomerj2003 18:59 23 Aug 03

I have an Athalon 2.2Ghz processor, 64Mb video card, over 500Mb of RAM all running under Win XP Pro. I had the old FSIM 2002 running OK, no real issues, however, just installed the new FSIM 2004, and it runs like a dogs dinner. I have all of the display settings set to minimal, and it just chugs along so slowly.

I have done a defrag, and cleaned up the disk space, with 22Gb spare.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to initiate a "clean" start up, with minimal background programs, or do I need to bite the bullet and upgrade.
Any help on how to speed things up will be greatly apprecited as I use this FSIM to practice my PPL navigation.

Chocks away, cheers.

hugh-265156 19:07 23 Aug 03

update your graphics card and chipset drivers to the latest versions.

disable uneeded start up programs by typing msconfig into start/run then select the start up tab and untick everything except AV and here for help

disable or set to manual any uneeded services running in controlpanel/administrative tools/services click here for help

try the forums click here

spikeychris 19:13 23 Aug 03

Have to say I don't know anything about games except they are resource hungry little critters. Th minimum specs according to M$ are

Windows PC

2000/XP ? 128 MB Ram

98/Me ? 64 MB Ram

Processor:450 MHz minimum

Available hard drive space:1.8 GB
DirectX 9 or later (included with Microsoft Flight Simulator: A Century of Flight)

Video card: 8 MB/3D with DirectX 7.0 or later drivers

Other: mouse, joystick/yoke, sound card, speakers/headphones

Online/multiplayer: 56.6 kbps modem or LAN

However I'd take that with a pinch of salt as I know from others that you need MUCH more if you want a real trip, as it where.

Press Ctrl Alt Delete to close everything down and try it again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…