Win XP Service pack 2 & Belkin 54g Modem/Router

belcanto 12:35 03 Jan 05

Hello everyone-can u please help, I have downloaded win xp service pack 2 twice in the last 6 months. Each time I had to uninstall it as it prevented my belkin 54g adsl modem/router from acessing the internet. Spoke to Belkin both by email and also via phone (expensive and less then helpful, thanks belkin) their reccomendation was to turn off the modems built in firewall and just use a software one.

Reluctantly I did so but it still would not access the net. Can anyone tell me what it is I am doing wrong? Is win xp service pack 2 so necessary?

Thanks-belcanto

Irishman 12:45 03 Jan 05

Did you turn off XP's firewall?

belcanto 14:42 03 Jan 05

I am pretty sure i did, as I had heard that the firewall on xp was not much good, also i am running Zone Alarm, so there was no need for it. Any other ideas?

Belcanto

Modo 14:55 03 Jan 05

click here

try this and post back.

I have sorted this problem out on several forums. I have the same set up and i wouldn't want anyone to take as long to eliminate the causes as it took me!!

mikef. 15:06 03 Jan 05

I have no problems with mine, but have you got the latest firmware click here if not could solve the problem

belcanto 13:01 13 Apr 05

Hi there everyone who were so helpful, have decided not to bother with service pack 2 until I can get a proper answer from Belkin about service pack two. Can anyone tell me though just how essential that service pack two is?

belcanto

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…