Win XP Right clicking on a drive

000000000 19:36 01 Apr 04

When I right click on a drive in an effort to select "properties", it fails and offers to send a message to Microsoft. I only installed XP three weeks ago. Has anyone got a solution? Thanks.
Jupiter

Diodorus Siculus 19:45 01 Apr 04

Try the system file checker:

start

run

sfc /scannow

and click ok. It may help.

billyliv 19:49 01 Apr 04

Hi, Looks like you will have to employ the repair option. Make sure that your installation disc is spotless. When I first bought XP I made a back up CD. Just as well I did as the original CD is marked and cant find several files to instal. cheers, Bill

000000000 16:38 03 Apr 04

Many thanks. I have tried the sfc /scannow suggestion. It led onto reinstallation of XP which I have now done. But I still have the original problem.
Regards.
Jupiter

Djohn 17:04 03 Apr 04

Is it just with a "Drive" and "Properties" that the right click doesn't work or other commands as well?

000000000 12:22 10 Apr 04

Sorry for delay in response. Yes it is only a drive. Just right clicking makes all the icons on the desktop disappear. Re-installing XP didn't solve this problem. I can live with it but it is a bit peculiar.
Regards.
Jupiter

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…