Win XP pro,Win Media Player 9 DVD playback

sdf 21:50 20 Dec 03

Hello all, I keep recieving the following message and im a bit stuck! i've played with all the settings to try and resolve it. It just happened all of a sudden. Please help if you can! "Windows Media Player is currently unable to play DVD video. Try decreasing the number of colors displayed on your monitor or decreasing the screen resolution. For additional solutions, click More Information to access the DVD Troubleshooter" Many many thanks & Merry Christmas too all

sdf 22:43 20 Dec 03

it also seems to display the same style "too many colours" message using Power DVD.

sdf 16:23 21 Dec 03

bump

sdf 21:04 22 Dec 03

any thoughts any one??

sdf 14:31 24 Dec 03

bump again! theres nout on TV - need my entertainment back!

Big Elf 14:38 24 Dec 03

What happens if you reduce the resolution or colours?

Have you recently upgraded your graphics card driver? If so then roll it back in Device Manager.

If you haven't upgraded the driver it may be worth doing so just in case it fixes it.

sdf 15:46 24 Dec 03

the wierd part is I have made no changes at all of late. running at 1280x1024 and 32 bit colour, as I have done for the past year or so and changing the setting seems to have no effect. Running my GeForce 4 Ti4600 128mb. I havent updated the driver for the last 4 months or so. so theres nothing to roll back too! thanks anyway Big Elf. any other thoughts anyone? help is appreciated

jonnytub 15:50 24 Dec 03

have you tried updating media player or even a fresh installation, maybe a little extreme, but could possibly do the trick. good luck

sdf 16:02 24 Dec 03

ive installed any patches or updates I could get for both win media player and power dvd, and have tried re-installing power dvd. but no luck - the bit that is the most frustrating is I do not have any idea what caused the problem or how to get round it!

jonnytub 16:06 24 Dec 03

try hereclick here

sdf 16:14 24 Dec 03

just tried using real one as the player (curse me!) and got this message "The DVD cannot be played. Key exchange for DVD copy protection failed." different to the others

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…