Win XP Pro...Files & Folders

Pc.2 12:43 22 Jun 03

I know my memory is getting worse because I can't remember how to stop the rarely used files & folders from being hidden. I hate the little arrows that expand and prefer to see all my Apps./Files & Folders. Can anybody jog my brain for me?? I promise I'll write it down this time, I may even pop along to Curry's and get an electronic brain fitted. Thanks.

Cliff

powerless 12:54 22 Jun 03

Right Click Tasbar > Properties > Start Menu > Customise > Use Personlised menus.

Pc.2 12:57 22 Jun 03

done that 'Powerless' but it still keeps hiding.
Thankyou for your response.

Cliff

powerless 13:01 22 Jun 03

Scroll Programs?

Pc.2 13:29 22 Jun 03

Hello again 'powerless', ok I just tried that but it hasn't made any difference.

Thanks
Cliff

DieSse 13:36 22 Jun 03

Right click on the task bar - Select Properties - Untick "Hide inactive icons"

This does it for the System Tray.

Pc.2 13:46 22 Jun 03

the Hide Inactive Icons was not ticked!

Thanks
Cliff

DieSse 13:58 22 Jun 03

Try ticking it - then go through the whole process again and untick it - Does the system tray change?

Pc.2 14:15 22 Jun 03

OK, have tried ticking it but to no avail. I think we are on the wrong tracks here...it's not the icons in the Taskbar that are hiding, it's the Files & Folders.....click Start/Programs and it's these that are being hidden.

Thanks
Cliff

DieSse 18:56 22 Jun 03

Sorry - is this it?

Using Personalized Menus with the Classic Start menu. Personalized Menus simplifies the Programs menu by hiding items you haven't used recently, while keeping all of your programs easily accessible.

You can still gain access to hidden programs by clicking Start, pointing to Programs, and then clicking the down arrow at the bottom of the menu.

To turn on Personalized Menus
Right-click the Start button, and then click Properties.
On the Start Menu tab, click Classic Start menu, and then click Customize.
Under Advanced Start menu options, select the Use personalized menus check box.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…