Win XP Pro slow shut down

Legolas 18:13 11 Jan 03
  Legolas 18:13 11 Jan 03

Win XP takes ages to shut down anybody know how to speed it up?

VoG™ 18:16 11 Jan 03

click here - scroll down to SHUTDOWN WORKS, BUT IT’S REAL SLOW

Elrond 18:37 11 Jan 03

I have a similar problem and i've found out it's because of my AV McAfee Software. If i actully turn it off manually before shutting down, shut-down flies thru but if i leave it and just shut-down it's quite slow. So it's probably some pprogram taking ages to close that's your problem

VoG™ 18:40 11 Jan 03

I also found that this was slowing mine down click here

Legolas 18:43 11 Jan 03

Thanks for both replies I have followed the advice on the page you directed me to VoG™ but I cant try it at the moment as I am downloading and do not want to switch of but as soon as that is done I will see if it has helped and post back.

dth 19:27 11 Jan 03

I have found it slow at the best of time - if you use a firewall (zone alarm for example) it takes even longer. Note that in all the promo stuff about Win XP - it says 'the fastest start up operating system from Microsoft ever..'. Nothing about it taking 6 years to shut down!

Elrond 19:29 11 Jan 03

It aint that fast starting up either. I often go on to me dad's win98se PC and find his is quicker.

VoG™ 19:34 11 Jan 03

You can speed up XP start up using BootVis which should be available from click here performance/fastboot/default.asp

However, this is giving a page cannot be displayed error at present.

VoG™ 19:35 11 Jan 03

Or click here performance/fastboot/BootVis.asp

VoG™ 19:36 11 Jan 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…