Win xp pro safe mode boot problems

anon1 17:13 11 Feb 04

I wonder if anyone has had this problem and if so how did you overcome it. When I hit F8 during boot and choose the option of safe mode with command prompt, the drivers start to load then the hard drive just hangs with the red light on. Then nothing but a press of the reset button works. Any ideas?

Brian-336451 17:33 11 Feb 04

Yes I've had the same thing with the same operating system.

It appears to hang loading mup.sys (or something lke that, forgive me this is just from memory and I'm downwind of a few glasses of Merlot).

Go make a cup of tea and come back, be patient and it finally happens.

Lord only knows why it takes so long, but it does.

Any pointers from others 'in the know' gratefully received.

Let us know how you do.

Regards

anon1 19:11 11 Feb 04

Well thanks for that, I dont drink tea so I wonder if coffee has the same effect.............................Just kidding, we shall have to see.

Chegs ® 19:26 11 Feb 04

Mup.sys often appears to hang for ages,I have similar troubles.Patience is a virtue,but even XP can test ones patience.I tried looking it up on google,we're not alone,although I must admit that I haven't located the "cure" yet.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…