win xp pro instalation freeze

1x11456 19:28 20 Apr 03

i have just upgraded to xp pro from m.e and on the start up page with the blue leds on its just froze. i started by formatting mmy hdd then i put inmy disc at the A prompt and it said that i could not load this disc in dos so i put in m.e disc and reinstalled that then i put in xp and upgraded ( wanted to do a clean install but ) when it had finished loading it came onto the black screen with the blue loadind led's on and the went across onec no prob but on the second time they just stopped at the start and everything just froze ctrl/alt/delete did not work so i unpluged waited then switched back on which went into the safe mode screen choice so i picked safe mode and all loaded and safe mode works fine. this is the second disc i have treid and it did it on both. m.e worked fine i have 320mb of memory and the compatability check at the start showed no conflics.please help. thanks in advance.glenn

AndySD 20:41 20 Apr 03

You need to go into your BIOS/Setup as the PC starts (normally tap delete as the PC starts. Look through the pages and set the First Boot Device to CD. Also check if there is a virus checker and if so disadle it.

Now reboot with the XP cd in the cd drive and carry out a Repair install. click here

1x11456 21:37 20 Apr 03

i have tried the above and it started to reload the files untill it came to one file called ipsecsnp.dll which it could not load so i thin this my be the problem. what is it? is it part of the booting prosses

AndySD 21:42 20 Apr 03

Its the Microsoft Corporation Internet Protocol Security Policy Management Snap-in.

Where you say second Disk do you mean Hard Disk.

Also check the XP cd for scratches or marks.

1x11456 22:01 20 Apr 03

no i tried the 120 day evaluation after the first one but at the moment it is still loading i think i have got round the ipsecsnp thingy by putting in the evaluation disk when it said it could not load it and so far its only got 34 mins left to load ( fingers crossed ). both cds are scratch free also

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5