Win XP Pro Connected as

Zeltine 19:39 03 Apr 07

I have moved this from the helproom to Networking forum......thanks for any help!

The issue that I currently have is...
Peer 2 Peer network mix of XP and 2000 Pro
2000 Pro machine was setup to store all user "my documents" allis working fine etc.
An XP Pro machine connects to the shared user area as an "administrator" account when I look in shared folders, sessions in computer management.
I would like to know how to change how this account so that it connects as the user rather than the Admin account.
I have tried disabling the admin account on the 2000 Pro machine to see if it prompts for a user account when trying to connect with the XP machine, but no joy....

Thanks in advance....

CodenameCueball
Tue, [email protected]:54

not shure if this would do it but, try going into control panel, user accounts find the name of the user account, and maybe, change thelevel from admin to limited account but make a second admin account so if anything goes wrong, you can fix it.

Zeltine
Tue, [email protected]:00

Sorry, did not explain very clearly.
The XP machine is setup as a limited account but when I initially setup the the XP machine I was prompted to connect as... with a Username and password, I used an Admin account from the 2000 Pro machine, I now wish to change the account that the XP machine connects with so that in shared folders, sessions in computer management. I can see who is actually connected instead of an Admin account. I hope that this makes sense!!!

recap 12:07 04 Apr 07

click here it may help with how to set up the sharing properties.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…